Part three of the series is about centering a child within a parent element. This sort of thing is useful if, say, you have a menu along the top and [Read More...]
12 Quick things you can do to optimize your website for search engines
Wednesday, March, 29th, 2017 at 12:33 pm by Melinda McCaw
Today I wanted to share some quick tips on what you can do to optimize your website for search engines. Enjoy!
- Add really good content to your site
- Optimize your website images – A great tool to accomplish this is tinypng. This is one of many such tools, however it is my favorite go to tool for this task.
- Add meta and title tags to your website pages
- Use your keywords in each page description and title – some good keyword research tools include: serps.com and Google Adwords Keyword Planner
- Use your keywords in your page content
- Fix any misspelled words on your site
- Fix any broken links on your website http://www.brokenlinkcheck.com/broken-links.php
- Fix any broken image links on your website – Free tools to check for broken images and links: Webmaster World link checker and Seochat Link checker
- Include your keywords in your image alt tag for each image – Free tool to check all image alt tags on your website and find any missing tags
- Include keywords in the file name you give your images
- Use keywords in your page urls
- Register your website with Google’s Webmaster Tools (https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home?hl=en&pli=1)