Best SEO Plugin The Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress is the best SEO plugin available for WordPress. The free version of the plugin comes packed with rich features. It truly [Read More...]
SEO Plugin that is the best | Yoast SEO WordPress Plugin
Wednesday, October, 11th, 2017 at 10:40 pm by Melinda McCaw
Best SEO Plugin
The Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress is the best SEO plugin available for WordPress. The free version of the plugin comes packed with rich features. It truly is an amazing plugin that you should install and use on your WordPress website. The features available in just the free version are amazing. Purchasing the premium version gives you even more awesome features and the cost is not that much at all. It only costs $89 for one site.
SEO Plugin Features
This is by far the most comprehensive SEO plugin for WordPress. Here is a list of some of the features.
- Support to create custom breadcrumbs
- Change meta title and description on each individual post or page
- Preview of the snippet seen in Google search results
- Can import from other SEO plugins such as All in One SEO, etc.
- Configure your meta robots
- Categories and tags support meta titles and descriptions
- Verify webmaster tools such as Google, Yahoo and Bing
- Configure the RSS footer and header
- Clean up your permalinks and still allow Google Custom Search
- Create XML Sitemaps
- Edit your robots.txt and .htaccess files
Premium Features include:
- Set up redirects
- Up to 5 keywords per page or post
- Suggests options for internal links in your posts
- 24/7 Support
- No ads
- Preview your page on social media
My Favorite Feature
One feature of the Yoast SEO plugin that I really like is one I just recently learned about. Using this plugin you can enter a focus keyword. Once you enter the focus keyword you want to use the plugin guides you as you write your post. It grades your post in SEO terms and gives you great suggestions on what to do or change to make your post better. The goal is to get your Readabiltity and Keyword scores to both be green. Scoring on the lowest end is red, then orange and best is green.
As you type your post the plugin makes suggestions on things such as how many times you have used the focus keyword in the post and how many words you have in your post. It also lets you know if you have added any internal or outbound links. The analysis section will tell you if your meta title is too long or short and if you have used your focus keyword in the title. These are just a very few items that it will share with you during the process of writing your post.
As you write your posts and read the suggestions that are offered it helps you learn how to better write content for your site.
Need SEO Help?
Do you need help with SEO on your website? Contact us today to see how we can help with your SEO needs.
*Melinda McCaw Media doesn’t have an affilliation with Yoast SEO nor were we paid to review the Yoast SEO plugin.