It is really important to your website reputation and SEO to make sure that you don’t have any broken links on your website. Having broken links present on your website [Read More...]
How to create users in the WordPress dashboard
Thursday, February, 23rd, 2017 at 7:13 am by Melinda McCaw
Depending on what type of website you have you may need to create users to allow other people to login to your website. Maybe you run a blog site and have other authors that write posts for you or maybe you want to give Admin control to a second person to help you manage your website. The possible reasons to need to add a user are endless.
Luckily the process is very simple. In today’s quick WordPress tip I will walk you through the process from start to finish. Let’s get started!
Steps to create a WordPress user:
1) Login to your wordpress dashboard
2) On the left side of the dashboard click on the “Users” link, a drop down opens, click the “Add New” link
Optionally: Hover your mouse over the “Users” link and click the “Add New” Link that appears in the dropdown menu that appears to the right of the link.
Optionally: Click the “Users” link on the left side of the dashboard. The users page appears. Click the “Add New” button near the top left of the page. (screenshot)
3) Fill in the Username and email fields (these 2 fields are required) and any other fields you want to fill in.
4) Uncheck the “Send User Notification” check box if you don’t want to send the new user an email containing their account info.
5) Select the role you want the user to have in the “Role” select box.
6) Click the “Show password” button and enter your own password.
If you enter a weak password you will need to check the “Confirm use of weak password” check box to use that password. Otherwise WordPress will not allow you to create the new user.
7) Click the blue “Add New User” button
That’s all there is to it! Once saved you will see the list of the users on your website.