It is really important to your website reputation and SEO to make sure that you don’t have any broken links on your website. Having broken links present on your website [Read More...]
7 Reasons you should redesign your website
Wednesday, March, 15th, 2017 at 10:07 am by Melinda McCaw
Does your website need to be redesigned? Do you know why you might need to redesign your website. Today I will share 7 reasons why you should redesign your website. Updating your website design can really help your business grow and flourish.
- Your website is not mobile friendly
- In 2017 Google is changing how it ranks websites. They are shifting their focus to mobile first meaning that if your site is not mobile friendly it could be buried in the search engine results and not found. Read more about this change here. It’s very easy to test your website for mobile friendliness with Google Mobile-Friendly Testing tool.
- Your website loads slowly
- As part of Googles ranking change they also want your mobile site to load very fast. They want the user experience to be very good and the page load time is a very big part of how good the user experience is. To test your website page load time visit GTmetrix. The test results provide you with suggestions on how to improve you page load time.
- Your website design is outdated
- The website design trends change about every 2 to 3 years. If your website is older than that it quite possibly seems outdated and needs a redesign.
- You are not getting the web traffic or leads you want. Not very many people visit your website.
- Design plays a big part in the leads you receive from your website. There could be something about your design that turns your visitors off. Sometimes even one simple change can turn this around.
- Your website doesn’t have enough whitespace
- Whitespace on your web pages is important to your business success. If your web pages are cluttered they become hard to read and unbalanced. This confuses the visitor because they aren’t led through the content. A cluttered look can make your business seem un-dependable and un-trustworthy.
- Contacting you is hard work.
- Can your website visitors easily find your phone number on your website? If your website visitors have to search to find a way to contact you they will become frustrated and most likely leave your website. In this case you need to redesign your site to make it easy to contact you about your product or services.
- Your website navigation is not user friendly
- If your users don’t understand how to find what they are looking for they won’t stay on your website for long. Redesigning your website navigation will go a long ways in keeping visitors on your site and converting them to clients.
The list of reasons to redesign your website could go on and on. Take some time today to review your website and figure out if its time you had it redesigned.
Are you needing a website redesign but just don’t know where to start? Contact us today to see how we can help you redesign your website.